Soluna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the Sun and Moon Collide

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rankings between solar and lunar

Go down 
+3
Queen Atlantia
Niall O'Connor
Sarron
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarron

Sarron

rankings between solar and lunar Empty
PostSubject: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 am

The thing I think is most pressing to know right now is how ranks compare to each other between the two paths.
Should we assign something like "prestige points" to each rank (not including brotherhood since it's basically a tie-breaker)? It would keep things simple. Of course, the two grandmasters would have to sit down and take time to agree on point values for each rank.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:31 pm

That's a valid point sarron. We will sit down and talk about it.
Back to top Go down
https://soluna.forumotion.com
Sarron

Sarron

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:35 pm

awesome. thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Thank you for bringing this up
Back to top Go down
Queen Atlantia

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't understand this question. The first rank in the moon equals the first rank in the sun. Why would one be better or higher than the other? When you're going up a ladder one step at a time, you're on the same step of the ladder whether you're on a blue ladder or a red ladder. What else would it be? I don't understand the issue here.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Its because of the solar ranks being more complex than mine
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Yes, the Solar advancement is a significantly different than the Lunar path. In the end the III Echelon ranks are supposed to be equal to his Celestial Knight.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 pm

That's where we need to talk because you're highest ranking must be equal to my highest. Which your highest is paragon and mine is celstial knight.
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Paragon would still be the same as your Celestial Knight, but there can only be one Paragon per III Echelon title. It means they are the finest of their title, not that they'd outrank your Lunar equivalent. III & IV are both equal to your Celestial Knight. In the Radiant Order of the Sun, they are not equal to each other. Does that make any sense to you?
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Ok I understand now but we still need to set up an equality chart or something
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:48 pm

An Initiate is lower than your Crescent Knight.
Proven are equal to your Crescent Knights.
I & II Echelons are equal to your Half Moon Knights.
III & IV are equal to your Celestial Knights.

That seem balanced and adequate, Niall?
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Queen Atlantia

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:26 pm

You men make everything so complicated when it doesn't have to be. If a woman set it up, here's how it would go:

Lunar 1 = Solar 1
Lunar 2 = Solar 2
Lunar 3 = Solar 3

If one side wants to have four, the other side has to have four.

IT'S EASIER.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:06 pm

That's originnally how it was supposed to be but garth went rank crazy
Back to top Go down
Sarron

Sarron

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:56 pm

... lul...
Back to top Go down
Sarron

Sarron

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Both Solar and Lunar take 11 weeks to reach their highest rank. So wouldn't it make more sense for echelon IV to be equal to a celestial knight? Since they both take the same amount of time? Echelon III only takes five weeks. So like echelon II and III would be equal to kight of the half moon and then echelon I would be equal to crescent knight?
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:35 pm

So I should change it to be like yours, Niall?
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Sarron wrote:
Both Solar and Lunar take 11 weeks to reach their highest rank. So wouldn't it make more sense for echelon IV to be equal to a celestial knight? Since they both take the same amount of time? Echelon III only takes five weeks. So like echelon II and III would be equal to kight of the half moon and then echelon I would be equal to crescent knight?

I Echelon is lowest.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I think you should make it 3 easy ranks so there is no confusion
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Would you like an explanation for what I've done, first?
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Sure
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:08 pm

My Initiate and Proven are supposed to be like your Crescent and Half, while my Crusader, Templar, and Warden have their notches named. I can get rid of Paragon if it's really that much of an issue. Paragon was more Radiant Order only more than to have more rank than your Celestial. The three III Echelon are supposed to be the same as your Celestial. I didn't know that both of our ranking systems had to follow the same build.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

It honestly doesn't matter to me as long as we have equality and no path can be higher than the other I think get rid of paragon and leave the rest. And you and I will make equality charts or something.
Back to top Go down
Garth G. Kendrune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:46 pm

I will make Paragon one of my Honorific Titles later on. I do believe I've explained those to you.
Back to top Go down
Niall O'Connor
Admin
Niall O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rankings between solar and lunar   rankings between solar and lunar Empty

Back to top Go down

rankings between solar and lunar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next